Cadence Homepage: Wayne State University Cadence Users Group
Cadence University Program Member
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Welcome to the homepage of the Cadence Users Group at Wayne State University!
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
at Wayne State University
is a participant in Cadence University Program
, which is designed to facilitate the use of Cadence tools by undergraduate and graduate students in engineering courses and in academic research.
Our coureses use Cadence tools for Custom IC, Digital IC, and Verification.
The following courses use Cadense tools.
- Computer Architecture (ECE 4680): Instruction set design, basic processor implementation techniques, hardwired and microprogrammed control, performance analysis, memory hierarchy and cache design, pipelined processor design, I/O.
- Introduction to VLSI Systems (ECE 6660): Survey of very large scale integrated circuit components and design procedures. MOS fabrication, MOS gates, circuit architecture, device design, manufacturing and interface techniques.
- Smart Sensor Technology I (ECE 6570): Introduction to various types of sensors and the design of basic analog VLSI circuit building blocks.
- Smart Sensor Technology II (ECE 7570): Integration of ongoing research in integrated technology of smart sensors. Design of smart sensor devices using computer simulation. Fabrication of smart sensor.
- Advanced Digital VLSI Design: VHDL (ECE 7530): Behavioral, data flow, and structure VHDL modeling. Cadence CAD tools used to simulate and generate the schematic and layout of the synthesized VHDL code.
- Digital Logic (ECE 2610): Introduction to Boolean algebra; switches, gates.
Minimization of switching circuits, ROMs, PROMs, and PLAs. Flip-flops. Reduction and minimization of sequential machines. The state-assignment problem. Asynchronous sequential circuits.
Person Responsible for the Site:
Dr. Nabil J. Sarhan
Address: 5050 Anthony Wayne Drive, Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: (313) 577-2860
Room: 3109 Engineering
Last Updated: September 11, 2019
Information is provided Ďas isí without warranty of any kind. No statement is made and no attempt has been made to examine the information, either with respect to operability, origin, authorship, or otherwise. Please use this information at your own risk. We recommend using it on a copy of your data to be sure you understand what it does under your conditions. Keep your master intact until you are satisfied with the use of this information within your environment.
Cadence is a registered trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc., 2655 Seely Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134.